Friday 27 March 2009

She Likes: Big & Bold

I appreciate good architecture and interior design. My very first project in my first semester of Graphics was to design my dream home. Man, I put so much time into that assignment, and it paid off, with my teacher thus pushing me to pursue a creative field after high school.

I never became an architect [the idea that I had to study Physics really put me off at the time, I now regret that as it would have been an interesting subject to learn], but every now and then I declare I am going to become an Interior Designer. I'll then look up the courses on the web, prepare my folio and never submit my application when its due, mostly because I have by then announced I am going to become a Fashion Designer, Magazine Publisher, Lawyer or Astronaut.

I change my mind a lot.

Back on topic. Almost everyday I drive past a bunch of offices that have warehouses attached to them. Industrial areas like this are not normally of an interest to me, but what strikes me about these offices is the way their street number has been boldly rendered in bright colours on the warehouse doors. What a way to brighten up what could have been a grey place to work!

I liked them so much I just had to pull over and take a picture of them.

I'm predicting a Jeffrey Smart-esque painting in my near future...

C x

No comments: