Tuesday 10 March 2009

Happily Ever After?

Amongst my friends, of both the female and male variety, there has been a lot of discussion about love lately. Yep, the stuff that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

The questions being asked in these discussions are:

1. When am I going to find the right one?
2. How many more awful dates do I have to go on?
3. Am I being too picky? Should I just settle?
4. What type of person is The Best person for me?

One of my many mantras is to stop asking questions and just live. I've always believed that Love comes into your life when you least expect it. It might come frequently. It might come not so frequently. But stop taking the fun out of it by constantly peeking around each corner hoping to catch it before it catches you.

Because one day: whoop whoop! The Best turns up in your life.

The Best is not necessarily The Perfect. The Best might slurp their noodles or laugh too loudly at their own jokes. The Best might even be a really bad dancer. [I think I do all of these things!] Not every one of your friends might like The Best, but as long as they make you happy then no-one else really matters. The Best might have been under your nose the whole time? Or The Best might be the type of person you don't normally notice in bars/clubs/events/walking past you on the street, until now.

There are so many Bests walking this planet that surely some of the right matches will bump heads sooner or later. In the meantime; the journey should be treated as it is, just a whole lot of fun.

Above is a photo of my Mum and Dad on their wedding day. Aww. End rant.

C x

No comments: