Monday 15 September 2008

Portrait of a Family, by Jordan


I have showcased the artistic skills of my niece Ella [4] and nephew Jack [5], so this last, but certainly not least, post is dedicated to the talents of my other nephew, Jordan [8].

Before I begin, it amazes me that Jordy came into this world when I was just 18 years old. Words cannot sum up how much love I felt for a little kid, and up to that point in my life, I hadn't really felt that before. I looked at him on Saturday when he handed me my new piece of art and was amazed by how tall he was, how well he speaks and how he really is growing to be a young man.

He has taken a realistic approach to his piece, but it is more conceptual than the earlier pieces. Each family member has been grouped with their respective families, we are standing out the front of Nicole's house [Nicole is my sister] and there is a rainbow directly above all of us. It is always a colourful time when we get together, so the rainbow is certainly symbolic.

Another masterpiece!

C x

P.S. In case you were wondering, sadly, no, Ella, Jack and Jordan will not be following the footsteps of their Aunty Clare and becoming starving artists. Instead Jack plans on becoming a motorcycle stuntman and international soccer player, Ella wants to be a police officer and a taxi driver, and Jordan will be a teacher whilst pursuing a career in musical theatre in his spare time.

No comments: