Wednesday 14 January 2009

Spending Bans

This month I have to purchase a new set of tyres for my car, put it in for a major service AND pay the annual comprehensive insurance. As well as pay all my other usual monthly bills. Ouch. Huge ouch actually, when you have just returned from a lovely holiday where you blew wads of cash.

I'm also at that stage now where I have to start looking for a place to live. No seriously, I do. And I have expensive taste when it comes to suburb choices, within Victoria and beyond.

I hate pinching my pennies, I like to SPEND!

But instead, I am currently drumming up a bunch more freelance work and as such, working a longer than normal day. I am cutting down on the social, and costly, activities like fine dining with friends. Three days in and I'm already feeling tired & bored of it all. So I took a small break from my work and browsed the Melissa website tonight. I notice that the Scarfun Wedges I've been eyeing off for some time are now on sale. The ones if I were to purchase, hypothetically, my biggest dilemna would be choosing between the black or the yellow. So I'd just have to buy them in both colours.

Damn that word 'hypothetically'. Damn spending bans. Damn cars. And double damn credit card debt.

Why oh why do I continue to be my own worst enemy!?

C x

No comments: