Friday 30 January 2009

Relax, its Queensland

Relax, its Queenland. That was the first thing I read as I crossed over the border from New South Wales into Queensland. I read it off a car number plate. It made me smile immediately. Relax; its what I planned to do.

Relax is what I did. I loved loved loved my time on the Gold Coast. What a beautiful place to spend your time. Beaches, good weather [even the storms were nice!], good food and an all-round good atmosphere.

I was born and bred in Melbourne; the home of Australia's cafe latte society, bars down lane ways, the MCG and the eccentric arts. Its an awesome city to live in. A city that is worlds apart from the Gold Coast. So as someone who has been described as 'very Melbourne' on more than one occasion; it has surprised many that since my return I have mentioned living on the GC for a year...

Oh, the possibilities.

C x

P.S. The photos above are the two views from my hotel room balcony. When we checked in I ran into the room and threw myself on the bed closest to the window to secure it as mine so that I could wake up to those views each day. Childish? Yes. Waking up to that every morning? Sensational.

No comments: