Monday 13 October 2008

Springvale, Vic

I stumbled across this photo with several others saved onto a CD. From 2001. Yep! It's a photo from my uni days. I was in my 2nd year of B. Contemporary Art. These were days of fisherman pants, hand-rolled cigarettes, $1 pots, lots of coffee, talking about post-modernism & freaking out when you have a painting AND photography folio due on the same day.

Sadly, as this photo was scanned nearly 7 years ago, the quality is fairly poor & the originals are currently in storage so I can't re-scan.

It's funny looking at my old paintings, drawings & photography. I don't think my style has changed so much as my technique has improved. So on occasion I will share some of my older work on this blog [just don't laugh at it, as I'm sure some will be cringe-worthy], as a means of comparison with any new work I produce.

C x

No comments: