Friday 10 October 2008

Girly Mags




I'm not opposed to girly magazines for men. I really don't see why some women kick up a fuss about them. There are, of course, some publications & movies that are questionable and exploit women, but I think that the women who pose for reputable magazines such as Playboy can be quite empowered. Why do I think that? Well low self-esteem about looks is not uncommon for many women [myself included], and to be able to pose for these magazines shows a great deal of courage and confidence. I think that is very sexy in both women and men. If I was more confident I would probably flaunt it too. Ironically, you know who would probably be horrified the most if I were to do that? My conservative male friends [who read Playboy].

Bah humbug to them I say! I am becoming more confident as I get older so who knows where you might see me one day. Ha ha!

---
*thud* - that's the sound of my Dad fainting when my Mum or sisters tell him about this post.
---

Anyway, I came across these vintage Playboy covers on the web. It is also interesting to look at what was deemed 'sexy' back in the 60s.

I really like them & I think they hit the sexy nail on the head.

C x

No comments: