Sunday 12 February 2012

Sydney

Syd 001

Syd 002

Syd 003

Syd 004

Syd 005

Syd 006

Syd 007

Syd 008

Syd 009

So I went to Sydney for a night this weekend past. Doesn't seem like such a big deal when you live in Melbourne, but I must admit, I'm 2 months shy of 30 and have never seen the Opera House. True story.

The main agenda for the trip was to see the Picasso exhibition showing at the Art Gallery of NSW. It was well worth it! Rather than just showcasing his famous and complete works, it was like walking through a giant visual diary. Seeing how his style evolved, where he pushed boundaries that appeared to work, and even those that didn't work. I didn't study much Picasso in my later years of study (being in a Bachelor of Contemporary Arts did have some limitations), so a lot of my knowledge of the Spaniard is self-taught or vaugue memories from high school classes. It was refreshing to feel a bit like a student of the arts again. Inspiring too.

No comments: